As the governments from around the world head to COP24 to decide the “rulebook” for sticking to the Paris Agreement, the IPCC report has already made it clear that we can limit warming to 1.5˚C if we act rapidly now. The true test of COP24 is: does it advance us on the path to limiting warming in line with what science and people everywhere are demanding?
If you’re in Katowice, join us for these events at the Climate Hub! You can connect with the 350.org team and the Fossil Free network at the actions and spaces below.
Friday 7 December
- 11am: Presentation – “Prospects for Spaceship Earth”
- 12pm: Presentation – “On a hope in the hopeless times”
Sunday 9 December
- 10am: Presenation on the Artivism during Polish Climate Camp: “The World After the Ecological Disaster. New Utopias.”
Monday 10 December
- 8pm: What Youth Climate Leadership looks like? Stories from Eastern Europe, the Caucasus and Central Asia
Tuesday 11 December
- 10am: 100% Renewable Energy Transition in the cities of Eastern Europe, the Caucasus and Central Asia: The Future is Now
- 7pm: Green Talks in Climate Hub
Wednesday 12 December
- 4pm: From One Island to Another video followed by People’s 1.5C discussion panel