thanks to everyone who got involved in our show the love weekend!
Over 50 events and actions for divestment took place across the UK from the 12th-14th February.
On February 12th & 13th 2016
Show the Love: Divest from Fossil Fuels
After the Paris climate deal, getting the solutions we need means building on our momentum and bringing the pressure home. It means building our power, demanding just climate solutions and breaking our ties with the fossil industry once and for all.
On 12-13th February people all around the country will be showing their love for the climate, and taking action in their communities to divest from fossil fuels – join them!
TAKE ACTION in February
From our local councils to our churches, our universities to our employers – we’re all connected to institutions who shouldn’t be supporting the fossil fuel industry.
Whether you’re thinking about that first move, building support in the community or escalating against stubborn decision-makers, now is the time to take action together.
It could be a public meetings or photo stunt, occupation or petition drive – action big or small – let the world know what you’re up to and how we’re building this movement together. There are resources to help you with ideas and plans, and a climate justice movement limbering up alongside.
It’s people that lead movements, not politicians. Now let’s get stuck in.
Find an event near you
- Divestment Campaign Guide – a 7-step guide to running a kickass campaign
- Local Government Guide – everything you need to know to target your council
- University Campaign Guide – a toolkit from People & Planet for university campaigns
Planning an action
- Action Development Checklist -your guide to doing an amazing action
- Creative Actions Manual – some action ideas from Global Divestment Day 2015
- Artivism Guide – a guide to creating amazing art for your actions
- Go Green Week Guide – student action guide from People & Planet for GGW 2016
- Media Guide – toolkit covering how to communicate effectively with the media
- Tweet using the hashtags #divest and #showthelove and follow @FossilFree_UK for updates
- Click to share the images below on Facebook